Tuesday, October 13, 2015

48

Played tourist with the man the other day at Gardens By the Bay and honestly it was one of the best experience ever. I've only been to the Flower Dome once with my family on a crowded Sunday so heading to this gem on a weekday is truly a plus point because lesser people equates a way better experience. There isn't the noise and the crowd and the multiple body parts in your picture. The crowd was relatively okay for a Wednesday and although we were indoors most of the time the ample sunlight was a blessing for gorgeous sights in natural light.


We headed to the Cloud Forest first which seemed to be a bad choice since it proved to be the better of the two domes. We spent about 2 hours in the Cloud Forest because honestly the temperature was just right we weren't too keen on heading out so soon. As much as the waterfall was really a sight to behold, I wonder why they placed it so near the entrance because honestly getting a full picture of the waterfall prove some difficulty with the short distance between the entrance door and the waterfall. Everyone was practically crowded at one area before we even stepped like two steps into the dome. 






I tried to be more into the plants and flowers because you know that's kinda what this dome is about but I'll be honest and say plants kinda bore me and all I appreciate are the colors so I'm not going to pretend like I'm an avid plant photographer and introduce all these flowers to you cause I only took them cause they're pretty. Ha.



After Cloud Forest we stoned at Macs for a really really looooong time because we weren't exactly excited about Flower Dome after coming out of the magical waterfall. We walked through the Flower Dome in like about an hour and at that time my guinea pig gave birth (AGAIN) so I was preoccupied with the new babies and the flowers were forgotten. Also, the flowers in season were Chrysanthemum which we both didn't fancy. The only Chrysanthemum the man liked was the one which he could drink and I just didn't appreciate them at all. So we just sat on the benches (alot) and enjoyed each other's company.


I would say this is a much needed break that we both needed. One away from the hustle of school although school only started for like a few weeks but we were quite drained from the information overload. I would actually head over to Cloud Forest again with a book and just sit there and read. The lighting in there is just perfect for a good read although it's quite an expensive read but you get my point, most definitely will go back again when I need another break.