Monday, September 21, 2015

46 | Ketchup

So many moments have passed and go, I find myself struggling to remember the slight bit of detail of these few months. It feels as if my memory capacity has reached it's maximum and nothing else is being saved in there. I can only look back and rely on photos to spark whatever's left of that moment which sounds, kinda sad. But I know for sure that many of those memories are filled with joy and happiness with a pinch of boredom and tiredness in between (office life, yes office life).





In these few months I sent off 5 friends who went on to explore the rest of the world (along with some studying in between). It feels quite sad to know that they wouldn't be around for Christmas or New Year, growing up brings you further from your friends, physical distance wise. 

But thank God for technology, that small button can send all your hugs and kisses virtually over to that friend in the rectangle box. You see them but you can't touch them. Physical separation is tough but I guess it's inevitable. As everyone trudges on their individual path, you feel a surge of sadness and happiness at the same time. You are happy to see them doing what they desire, what they love and you can't help but to send them on their path with a smile on your face and tears welled up in your eyes. 

My dear friends, I miss y'all.

On a lighter note.


An impromptu trip down to Gardens By the Bay one night led to a spectacular lights show which left me feeling wide-eyed and patriotic. The lights on the trees danced to the beat of the mashup of national day songs and as we ventured deeper into the Garden, it seemed as if everyone received the memo that the best position to view this musical was to lay back on the ground wherever you are. 

It was an amusing sight to see and I can't help but to feel proud of what our country has achieved these past 50 years. I know I'm one month plus late but recalling the sights and sound of Home playing out through the lights brings this sense of pride right out again. 

Singapore, you truly are the best  

Okay, I'm done. Really. Tears are wiped, heart is calm. Moving on.
 Feed on the visuals, I shan't speak anymore.





10/10 would recommend Oxwell & Co. Although it's on the way pricer side, the atmosphere and the food is really worth the money. 
I was looking through the online thesaurus after taking the first few bites of food because I really think the food is worth more than just "this is so good". So yeah the food was delicious, appetizing, distinctive, exquisite, heavenly, luscious, rich, you get what I mean.
 Go give it a try, on a special occasion.

5 Ann Siang Road, 069688

(You can ask the waiter on duty for their recommended dishes. Do try the braised Ox Cheek, no words.)



Island hopping is a new memory made too and despite the haze I had a blast exploring and just strolling from one island to another. 
Fed the mosquitoes, pet the cats, stalked the monitor lizard and just soak in what God has created. 
All is well, all is well.