Wednesday, March 11, 2015

41 | Seas and Silhouette


Although I came back looking like a lobster and most probably an ache in my thighs, I'm so grateful for the much needed break from camping and cramping at Starbucks for the past two weeks. Nature serves as the best therapeutic remedy with the energy from the sun, cool air from the wind and oh, the constant sound of waves crashing again and again on the rocks are like music to my ears. 



It's been a long time since I cycled and cycling for the whole day up and down the slopes are no longer a thing for someone my age (or maybe it's just my lousy stamina). I gave up the slopes and dismount whenever one loomed in front of me although I did conquered a few not so life threatening ones. And the ride down hill is the best thing in the world making you feel like you're gliding down a roller coaster ride with the wind gushing by and the sun above your head. 



Saw two monitor lizards busking on the road before hustling and escaping to the sides as we zoomed past, two monkeys that were so agile hopping from tree to tree upon such thin branches I fear they break under their weight. Countless of dogs and storks. And the butterflies oh there were so many fluttering around just minding their own business flying so low I fear I crush their beautiful wings as I ride by. 



Saw a family of wild boar going on a food hunt and everyone was left frozen in awe and fear of the sight. Climbed over a locked gate for a better view of the sea and just soaked up the sun, wind, waves and the majestic sight before us. 




Made friends with a couple who moved from England to Hong Kong, currently taking a break in Singapore. "I would come here all the time if I lived in Singapore. It's beautiful here." Amen to that sister. 



Felt so sad leaving this tiny island that's packed with so much goodness (and mosquitoes), a day trip felt like a few hours and as cliché as it sounds, time does fly by when you're having fun and I loved every moment of it all, I truly do.

No comments: