Sunday, March 8, 2015

40 | Sadako's Unfashionable Fashion Diary


Sadako is Sokkuan's first solo exhibition and this artist had me laughing over the quirky illustrations and photographs showing me the eccentric side of Sadako.

The juxtaposition of props, like the finger in the sushi plate (bet you didn't realise that), made Sadako seem so normal. Like it's normal for her to have an eyeball swimming in pink goodness, cause she's just a normal ghost, a normal girl. 

I'm awed at how detailed every photo is. You can find Sadako doing just about what we all do, walkin in the park, eating, enjoying the scenery but of course being a ghost has it's perks, like cool photo opportunities - levitating. I bet she could get to places fast too.

And her thoughts are just intriguing. They had me smiling to myself, "I feel you girl, I feel you."

After decades, she finally decided to stop being an introvert and come out of her shell but humans freak out when they see her cause, well, she hasn't been attentive in the upkeep of her visuals. It's funny reading her interpretation of human responses. You can't help but want to make friends with her. And I can't believe I just said I want to make friends with Sadako, hope she doesn't take this as a personal invitation and show up.

She reminds me of Violet from The Incredibles, with her hair covering half her face. Violet hid behind her hair too cause she was shy, just like Sadako.

So if you ever have time, do pop by to read her Unfashionable Fashion Diary (till 15 March), she could actually be more fashionable than you are. And you may find yourself wanting to be friends with her too. I mean, look at all her washi tapes, kawaii desu.